8 new activities to try, just for fun
New experiences are good for our emotional health. They stretch us and help us feel challenged. And trying new things gives us a hit of dopamine, which gives us the feeling of being rewarded. It’s OK to start small. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Try a new food. Spice is the variety of life!
- Buy a yoyo or other toy from your childhood.
- Try pickleball with a friend.
- Listen to a new genre of music
- Visit a new park.
- Find a bench and watch the birds.
- Take a new route to someplace familiar.
- Try a water sport, like kayaking or paddleboarding.