Putting fun on your to-do list may sound strange, but if you can’t remember the last time you did something just for pleasure, it may be time! Making time for having fun can have enormous physical and mental impacts on your well-being! Here are some of them:
- Reduced stress. Play and laughter mean feel-good hormones are released in the body, which leads to cortisol (the high-stress hormone) going down. This can decrease health problems, including high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Better sleep. Less stress means sounder sleep.
- Boost creativity and cognition. We learn tasks quicker when we’re relaxed and having fun.
- Improved social skills. Having fun with a friend allows for team building and improved communication.
- Better memory. Lower cortisol levels mean a clearer mind.