Last updated: May 5, 2023
Sunny is a free digital platform built to inspire and facilitate the daily practice of real-world social connection. Sunny operates as Sunny LLC (“Sunny“, “us“, “we“, or “our”) and is an initiative of the Barnes Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating social innovation to create a world where everyone can thrive and flourish.
We value your trust and a key part of earning your trust is being upfront and clear about how we gather and use your information. It is our goal to use your data in ways that help you accomplish your goals. We created this Policy to inform you on how we collect your data, how we use it, conditions under which it might be shared, and your rights around the data. This Policy applies when you use our website (gosunny.org) (“Site”), our mobile application or “App,” and any other services provided by Sunny (collectively our “Services”).
This Policy works in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions https://www.gosunny.org/terms/ (“Terms”). Any capitalized terms used, but not defined, in this Policy have the meanings provided in the Terms. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services.
- How We Collect Personal Information
While using our Services we may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you (“Personal Information”). This does not include aggregated or de-identified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked with you.
- Directly From You
You may provide us with Personal Information in several ways.
- Account Creation: Your name, email, phone number, and other relevant information when you create an account. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
- Interactive Features: If you use our interactive features, such as doing a daily challenge, completing an action, or asking for reminders, we may collect your participation information.
- Support: If you contact us for assistance or support, we may collect your name, email address, phone number or any other content that you send us.
- Mailing List Subscription: If you subscribe to our publications, such as mailing list, blog or newsletters, we will collect information such as your email, mobile phone number, or postal address.
- Participation in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, and surveys: If you choose to participate in our contests, surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we will collect information provided by you such as survey responses and contact information.
- Interaction with our social media accounts: We may collect information from your social media account if you interact with our social media accounts.
- You may have the ability to enter your contacts, either manually or by importing them from your mobile device or computer for your individual use only. Sunny will not use this information for its own purposes.
- Information Collected Automatically
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as the sessions you use, videos you view or content you listen to, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information
- Log Data: When you use our Services, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends when you use our Services (“Log Data“). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, browser type, browser software version or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages viewed, app version, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our Services.
- Location Data: When you use our Services, we may ask for your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Services may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data. The specificity of the location data may depend on several factors, including the device you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. If you enable location services for our Services, we may collect location data periodically as you use or leave open our Services. Depending on the platform you use to access our mobile applications you may be able to control whether location data is collected with certain settings on your device.
- Pixel Tags.Pixel tags (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of users of our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage.
- Third-Party Analytics. We use tools to help us improve our Services, performance, and user experiences. We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, (for more information, click here) to increase our Site’s and App’s functionality and user-friendliness, to better