5 low-cost (or no-cost) gifts to give as a surprise
You can put away your wallet when it comes to thoughtful ways to surprise someone with a simple gift. Here are some budget-friendly ideas for unexpected and delightful gifts that convey their importance to you.
1. Create a modern-era mixtape. Pull together a playlist of songs they will love or that remind you of them. Then, share it via a streaming service.
2. Use a cutting from your succulent garden to create a plant just for them.
3. Share something you’ve cooked – a jar of homemade granola, for example – that they will enjoy.
4. Surprise them with one of your family’s secret recipes. Write out the recipe and maybe even include a note about its history.
5. Print out a favorite photo of them and create a personalized caption.