5 surprising health benefits of helping others
Lending a hand and showing you care about others benefits your well-being in ways large and small.
1. Helping others promotes physiological changes in the brain linked with happiness.
2. It can help us make new friends and connect with our community.
3. It can give us a sense of purpose and help us feel empowered and fulfilled.
4. Boosts self-esteem and feelings of confidence.
5. Boosts our outlook and even increases feelings of optimism.
Source: University College London