A giggle, a chuckle, a guffaw, and a belly laugh have much in common. They are all scientifically proven to boost well-being. No joke! Here are a few of the ways laughter affects your body and mind:
- Promotes the intake of oxygen-rich air, which stimulates vital organs, with increased endorphins released by the brain.
- Laughter can ignite and cool down your stress response, helping you relax.
- Laughter can stimulate circulation and help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.
- Improved immune system via positive thoughts that can release neuropeptides that fight stress.
- Laughter can relieve pain.
- It increases one’s satisfaction, making coping with the tough stuff easier.
- It improves self-esteem and helps you connect with other people.
Source: Mayo Clinic