There are lots of volunteer opportunities in your community. The key is finding a position that fits your skill set and that you would enjoy doing. You may have a number of talents that would be appreciated, so it’s important to make sure that your commitment matches the organization’s needs. Some questions you can ask yourself include:
- Would you like to work with adults, children, animals, or remotely from home?
- Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?
- Are you better behind the scenes or do you prefer to take a more visible role?
- How much time are you willing and able to invest?
- What skills can you bring to a volunteer job?
- What causes are important to you?
- What results or outcomes could help make your service feel meaningful